Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What Do The Neuromusculoskeletal Do?




Vipassana Centre Chakka, Sarnath, India April 24, 2010



Before Anna, my friend in Madrid, one of the important people met during this trip, I spoke for the first time of Vipassana, I had not the slightest idea of \u200b\u200bwhat it to be. If it were not for her, probably at this time I would not be here, in one of the hundreds of Vipassana centers around the world.
Surely you may be wondering what the hell is this Vipassana or probably those who are in this world mystical / spiritual practice and meditation techniques, they will know that I am referring to.
you do a little introduction to the topic:
Vipassana is one of the oldest techniques meditation born in India. A long forgotten by humanity, was rediscovered by Gotama the Buddha more than 2500 years ago. Vipassana, translated from the ancient Pali language (language that was spoken in northern India at the time of the Buddha) means "insight" = see things as they really are. It is in fact a process of self-observation.

The technique works this way: we start looking at the natural breathing by keeping the mind focused. With deep understanding, we proceed to observe natural changes of body and mind (Sankara) and thus experience the universal truths of impermanence, suffering and alienation. The discovery of truth through direct experience, is the process of purification. The entire path (Dhamma) is a panacea for all problems and has nothing to do with religious organizations or seven. For this reason it can be practiced freely by all without distinction of race, caste or religion in any place at any time.
This is the same technique by which the Buddha light.
Light means the complete purification of the soul, or even said, reaching a state of nirvana.
This is not a technique that is used to treat physical illnesses, such as Reiki can be, but what it does and uprooted the psychosomatic discomforts that do not allow human beings to live a life peace, harmony and love with himself and others.

This course is, without doubt, one of the hardest things I've done in my life.
It is based on a period of 10 days locked up in a center (monaco style), away from development as much as possible, and where you can not get in contact with any outside influence.
The center itself is well-organized. Everyone has their own room with a bathroom, the greatest of ease, this is the bed for example is a wooden board with a mattress of 3 cm, but at least the windows have mosquito nets and there is a fan that works when there is All students off the current, to enter, they must accept a number of rules and codes of conduct, as for example, can not for any reason during the 10 days (which is reduced to 9) to talk to anyone except the teacher or the staff of the Centre for reasons that relate to technical problems or housing or food. No form of communication then is allowed, it is gestural, written, sign language, etc ... It is not so for obvious reasons not possible to use electronic items such as mobile phones, computers, cameras, video cameras, radio, in short, everything that can distract the mind from the activity of meditation. You can not use religious artifacts (amulets, rosaries, etc.).. Also during the 10 days, students must follow the precepts: 1) Do not kill any living being, 2) Do not steal (the doors of the rooms left open) 3) Do not engage in sexual activities (men and women are divided into two separate airlines) 4) Do not tell lies; 5) Do not use toxic substances (including tobacco).
As you can see the rules are not few but this is not at all if you plan to do it for the benefit and safety of students.
These rules are an integral part of meditation practice. Not talk to anyone you can meditate even outside the fixed hours of meditation. Now for example I'm breaking a rule, namely that they can not read or write, but since I'm writing on Vipassana, I think forgive me ...

the hardest thing of course is without a doubt the timetable (working hours).
For 10 days we have to do a very hard time. It starts at 4 am with the bells ring in celebration (and do not need the earplugs, they feel the same, already tested!). From 4.30 to 6.30 starts with meditation, and for me this time is more difficult to do so, the mind is completely asleep, an inhuman effort also thinking that the stomach is vuotissimo (the last meal, the 17 of you day before).
break breakfast from 6.30 to 7.15, provided that meals are Indian style, but I got over it a long time ...
from 7.15 or when you finish your breakfast, for me to take no longer than 15 minutes, until 8 am there is the rest, and where there is a return to sleep and recover quell'oretta I needed to complete sleep. From 8 to 11
meditation with a 15 minute break in between. From 11 to 12 lunch, then rest up to 13 after which it returns to meditate until 17. To 5, how good the former British colony, tea time and it is the dinner ...
from 18 to 19 and from 19 to 20.30 meditation is listening to a cassette (nu 'pic heavy) on the theory of Vipassana Goenka explained by the Guru, one who has reported on the practice of Vipassana in our time, after years of neglect. At 20.30
returns in the dhamma hall, where the group meets to meditate for the last half hour of meditation before the interview with the teacher (optional) and good night.
A special mention must be the teacher, or in my case, the teacher. Will I have around 60 years old, is a little lady so pretty and good, it seems peace in person, you may be contemplating a full day in the same position without moving an inch, you lose herself completely. Then when he speaks to the goodness comes from the mouth, a holy woman!

The course I can assure you that it is very hard, the hours are terrible, especially the two hours of meditation at 4.30 am, then if you think there must be "able" to sit in same position on a cushion on the floor and legs crossed (If you know then put her legs in lotus position you are great!). At the beginning is a real torture but then when you begin to practice the technique and you can control the mind and to shift the focus on the goal of meditation see that the sensation of pain is just a feeling. Let me explain.
The course objective is to be able to see things as they really are, for this you will work on bodily sensations. As the body without a mind is nothing without the body and the mind is everything, you try to remove the link between the two, which work at very high levels of awareness and are unable to reach a state of "nirvana" (Or peace of mind, bliss).
work, as I said, is based on awareness of feelings that appear in every corner of our body. The sensations, if you notice, come and go, never permanent (Anicca) seen in this way allows us to another understanding of the reality of things that can be applied well to everyday life. Also observing the sensations with equanimity, without giving any meaning or etiquette (feeling hot, "I'm sweating, I have to wipe the sweat, feeling of cramp in my leg," Oh, that bad, I have to change position, feeling itch "I have to scratch", etc. ...), observing simply objectively, fairly, and observing all of our body in this way, we can see that in every inch of our body there is a particle moving in a vibrant and that the way to a feeling. If we observe these particles, which are nothing but subatomic particles that are born, die and are transformed in our bodies, if we look objectively hear only a stream vibration in your body and will give us a new awareness of ourselves.

Although this technique is not easy, the 10-day course possible to reach a high enough level of understanding, even if the work to be done is much longer and should be continued after.
If you want more information on the technique of Vipassana Dhamma and the path and find the meditation center nearest you, please visit the official website www.dhamma.org

[25/04/2010] These 10 days without contact with anyone without external influences, are days of introspection to 360 º. Although through meditation you try to control the mind, it is normal to sometimes lose control and be kept on travel in the past. Come to mind memories, images, moments, smells, experiences, emotions experienced, the people you loved and you love. Many people have appeared in my mind these days, perhaps almost all those I met during my life or rather those who left me a sign, positive or negative.
This technique teaches that in life nothing is permanent, everything is constantly changing and that we must leave the past behind and look at this at the moment. There are many things in my past that I remember with pleasure and others with less pleasure, but you have to look at today and things have happened yesterday if it were to happen is, all this for me to become what they are today. A special thought, many times appeared in my mind these days, it goes to my family, my father and my father never hindered me in the decisions taken by me though them, I know, have been and continue to be, chosen I thought so in dure.Vi These days my parents and, looking through the eyes of today, I can say I'm really proud of you than you are changed and are changing in recent years. We really want a lot of good.
Another thought goes to my dear sister, the companion of my childhood. How many do we go Zeudína eh? I think back to when we were piccoi and I get tears in my eyes, even if you could not tell you or prove it in my own way (sometimes violent ways ...) I wanted a lot of good and now even more, and can not imagine what can not imagine how proud of the woman you have become now, the value that you have to do the work you do and the passion that you put in, you're such a sister. And finally, in chronological order, My love, the light that came into our house 17 years ago and has contributed to great change ... do not know how special you are to me my little brother and how well you want. Sorry if they are still far away and perhaps at times when there are maybe we'd want, I'm sorry if I am not doing properly the image of his older brother, but I know you're an intelligent person and you understand that this is my way. No matter where in the world I am, you always know which are yours forever, Whenever, Wherever!
This frame can not be completed without the memory of two people for me only. My spiritual father, who showed me the way CDE and then one day in a dream, when we left, I said "Go now, make your way ...". The person with his love has given me that confidence in myself that allows me to move forward in life, the value that allows me to always keep your head on your shoulders. Do you always carry with me uncle, I'll love you forever ...
The other person can not only be my second mother, a woman with a capital D (as a noble woman and said another cantantessa) as a few today. You men faced with an impressive force the bloody battles that life could give, but we're doing, you're managing to keep going and be strong, I'm proud of you aunt, always be strong and always looking forward. I want a world of good.
I apologize to readers of the blog if it ultimately post has turned into a letter of thanks, but I could not write these thoughts that are emerging these days in this place so special. Now I go to sleep I'm breaking the rule to turn off the lights at 21.30. Good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment